There are guidelines here that can be useful in guiding the setting up, equipping and staffing a department of anaesthesia no matter how small or how large. Some are available in pdf format and may be a great help in persuading others in the team of the importance of optimal standards in anaesthesia. There is also guidance as to how to make donations of money and equipment.
Professional Wellbeing Recommended Reading
- Please see below, the reading recommended by the Working Party for Professional Wellbeing
WFSA Book & Journal Donation Scheme
Safety and Quality of Practice Guidelines
- Practice Advisory and guidelines
WFSA Guidelines on the Application, Preparation and Organisation of the World Congress of Anaesthesiologists
- The World Congress of Anaesthesiologists (WCA) is the Congress of the World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists (WFSA). The WCA is held every four years and hosted by a national member Society (NMS) of the WFSA. It is the major international exposition of the speciality of anaesthesia and its many related disciplines.
The Scoring Template for WCA Application
- To give you an idea of what will be important in applying to host the WCA in 2020, it is worth studying the template which is used by the venue committee to compare applications and come to a decision.
- This is the Constitution of the WFSA approved in 2012